Wednesday, May 19, 2010

why don't we blog about this

I guess I apparently don't have enough things to keep me busy because we decided to blog about our journey of household change. My husband is only home 2 out of 4 weeks, I am writing a 12,000 word essay for university, oh and I have a 7 month old baby - lets not forget the 'usual' list of household chores, our journey of household change so, hell yes! Lets blog about it also!
This is my first blog so I guess for me at least it is like the meetings you go to when you are trying to lose weight, you have to go to keep you motivated. Although I have my sister on this journey perhaps this blog will be a motivator for us also.
Hmm, would like to lay out now what my hopes and dreams for this journey...
First of all - to lose some weight! Well of course that is my first goal I am a woman after all. This is not the main focus though but a much, much welcomed outcome at least.
I think for me I would like to not feel guilty anymore. I find each time I eat fast food the following meals have an air of additional guilt about them, like nothing can 'make up' for what I have already eaten because it is now only adding to it! The guilt of fast food lingers for days with me because even if the next day is a 'good day' I am acutely aware of the 3 bad days before it.
I can never get ahead while I am always looking at my food past - I want to be able to eat and not have to 'think' about it. Generations never thought about what they were eating and how much. I can't imagine some meditteranean mummy serving her family thinking about whether or not it is 'healthy' - she just cooked real food and everyone was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment